Thursday, February 3, 2011

Firsts

Last week Jaxon went swimming at the pool for the first time! He was so cute in his little swimmers and Ghostbuster speedo, that was passed down from his Uncle Elliott. He was great in the water, he didn't like to be on his back, he was more content to be on his belly drinking the water :s. It started me thinking on all the firsts that are to come for him, first step, tooth, haircut, learning to ride his bike, first day at school, first love, heartbreak, etc, it also made me think back to all my firsts. Some of them I can remember, some of them I'd like to forget and some I don't have any recolection of whatsoever, but mostly I just became very excited. What an amazing honor it is to take part in another human being's life so intimately with no other goal but to make all their memories happy ones! We start our first set of swimming lessons next week, and I don't know who is more excited, me or him!

No comments:

Post a Comment